How we use student information
We collect and use student information under the Education Act 1996. The EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) took effect from May 25 2018 including Article 6 'lawfulness of processing' and Article 9 'Processing of special categories of personal data'.
We use student data to:
- support student learning
- monitor and report on student progress
- provide appropriate pastroal care
- assess the quality of our services
- comply with the law regarding data sharing
Storing student data
We hold student data for 6 years following a stduent's last entry.
Who do we share student information with?
We routinely share stduent information with:
- Schools the student attend after leaving us
- Our local authority
- The Department of Education (DfE)
- School nurse
GLF Schools aim is to ensure all personal data collected about staff, students, parents, governors, visitors and other individuals is stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the provisions set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018)