School Health Nurse
Our School Health Nurse based at Aureus school is Anna Hillis and she visits the school every Friday.
The school health nurses are employed by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust based in secondary schools and the community.
What do they offer?
- A confidential health service. Confidentiality means young people can discuss personal information with us and we will not discuss it with anyone else without their permission, unless we feel that the young person/ another individual may be at risk of harm. If information needs to be shared we always try to discuss this with the young person first so that you know why, and what will happen.
- Help support the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of children, young people and families where required.
- Provide advice on healthy choices, for example healthy eating, dental health, sexual health and substance misuse.
- Work closely with the school to promote a healthy lifestyle, including diet and exercise.
- Offer health reviews when needed to ensure young people continue to reach their full potential by promoting optimal health and wellbeing for all children and young people.
- Offer a childhood immunisation programme.
- Provide specific support for families with complex needs where required.
- Work in partnership with outside agencies with regards to young people’s health.
- Offer advice and information on a range of public health issues.
Students can access school health via drop-in clinics (every Tuesday break time). Or, if a staff member would like a young person to be seen we ask that a referral form is completed and emailed directly to the school nurse.