The Values Education Quality Mark is a validation of a school’s exceptional practice through Values Education. Recognition is given through the award of the unique Values Education logo by the International Values Education Trust (IVET).
What does the Quality Mark validate?
- It acknowledges and celebrates outstanding practice as a values-based school or setting
- It recognises the school’s commitment to high aspirations and to its culture of continuous improvement
- It values the hard work that all staff engage in on a daily basis
- It provides recognition of success to parents and the local community
- It demonstrates the commitment to National Curriculum and OFSTED requirements to the provision for Spiritual, Social, Moral and Cultural education, Personal Social, Health and Relationships education, British Values and the development of Character in education
Aureus School officially became a Values-based School in June following our VBE Audit. Dr Neil Hawkes and Jane Hawkes spent a day with us auditing our provision.
Unicef Rights Respecting School
We are a Rights Respecting School with students understanding that we follow the United Nations Children's Rights.
All students learn more about their rights and the fact that children around the world have rights also. These rights work alongside our values work. Students learn about being world ready in our Global Citizenship lessons and how they can pledge to make sure that other children have the same rights we have at Aureus School.
UCL Holocaust Education Programme
We are proud to be taking part in the University College London Beacon School in Holocaust Education Programme for 2020/21.
The aim of the programme is to improve the quality of teaching and learning about the Holocaust that students experience during their time at school and to create a platform to disseminate research and inculcate a culture of sharing best practice with other schools within a network to benefit students from a wider reach.
The PiXL Club
Aureus School is now part of a national network of schools called PiXL (Partners in Excellence). PiXL is a growing partnership of over 3000 schools and education providers. PIXL provides our community with a collaboration of school leaders; access to purposeful conferences and networks of people complemented by online resources, training opportunities and development programmes to support the promotion of excellence for students in the campus. The PiXL Network supports our determination to do all we can to help improve life chances for young people through improved educational achievement and enhanced self-esteem in order to connect them to worthy progression routes in the next stage of their education. PiXL is concerned with offering opportunities for all students to make progress in life on the basis of achieving good results and by developing key life attributes.
Educate and Celebrate
At Aureus, we have a 'Pride Youth Network' - a group of students who are able to develop skills key to their school career and beyond, such as the ability to work respectfully in a team, build confidence in working in a group and voicing their opinion in a diplomatic way as the award supports the students in making a change to their school community and beyond.
- Aureus is a safe environment for staff, students, governors and parents to thrive and achieve, enabling everyone to be themselves without fear of discrimination.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language, which our Pride Youth Network is leading a campaign against.
- We are committed to increasing visibility in our community around Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Our approach is preventative, proactive and accessible to all.
- We believe that every conversation is important to move forward with breaking down the barriers to LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
If you have any questions regarding our LGBTQ+ provision, please contact Miss Costar at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been recognised by Music Mark and are a hub partner member; supporting and encouraging music and working in partnership with our local hubs to deliver high quality music education.
The British Council International School Award
We are proud to have been awarded the International School Award Foundation Certificate: Introducing Internationalism, by promoting the international dimension across our school and highlighting the benefits of learning in a global context.
Carneigie Mental Health in Schools
In 2019, we became the first school in Oxfordshire to receive a gold award for dealing with the mental health of both pupils and staff.
We were among only six secondary schools in the whole country to be awarded the Gold status of the Carnegie Centre of Excellence Mental Health Award for Schools.
The Carnegie Centre of Excellence is part of Leeds Beckett University and makes gold, silver and bronze awards to schools signed-up to its programme.
It is designed to “strengthen the mental health of the next generation by supporting schools to make a positive change at all levels of the UK’s education system and each award status lasts for three years”.