Our Student Council is part of Aureus' commitment to give students a voice and to help all students make a positive contribution to school life. The Student Council represents the whole student body and is an excellent way to develop leadership and communication skills.
There will be 8 members of the 2017-18 Student Council which will consists of 2 members of each group. Members will be democratically elected through an election process in the Autumn term.
The Student Council will meet monthly to discuss and review school updates.
The Student Council will aim to represent the views of students at Aureus School through a commitment to democracy and the importance of active participation in the life of the school.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the vision and values of the school;
- Leading fellow students in their thinking and actions;
- Committing to ensuring that all students have the best possible education;
- Representing peers in their lessons, clubs and tutor groups;
- Giving feedback on activities, trips and experiences;
- Discussing concerns over facilities, rules, uniform and the curriculum;
- Fundraising for larger whole school projects;
- Interviewing new staff;
- Presenting in assemblies and to parents/ governors.