The Values Education Quality Mark is a validation of a school’s exceptional practice through Values Education. Recognition is given through the award of the unique Values Education logo by the International Values Education Trust (IVET).
What does the Quality Mark validate?
- It acknowledges and celebrates outstanding practice as a values-based school or setting
- It recognises the school’s commitment to high aspirations and to its culture of continuous improvement
- It values the hard work that all staff engage in on a daily basis
- It provides recognition of success to parents and the local community
- It demonstrates the commitment to National Curriculum and OFSTED requirements to the provision for Spiritual, Social, Moral and Cultural education, Personal Social, Health and Relationships education, British Values and the development of Character in education
Aureus School officially became a Values-based School in June following our VBE Audit. Dr Neil Hawkes and Jane Hawkes spent a day with us auditing our provision.
We are a Rights Respecting School with students understanding that we follow the United Nations Children's Rights.
All students learn more about their rights and the fact that children around the world have rights also. These rights work alongside our values work. Students learn about being world ready in our Global Citizenship lessons and how they can pledge to make sure that other children have the same rights we have at Aureus School.
We are delighted to be working with 'Educate & Celebrate', who are experts in transforming schools and organisations into LGBT+ Friendly places.
Educate and Celebrate is an OFSTED and Department for Education recognised award programme that allows staff and students alike to ensure that their school is an inclusive space for all LGBTQ+ people. This programme allows the school to embed school-wide strategies to eradicate homophobia, biphobia and transphobia, as well as developing an LGBTQ+ inclusive curriculum. Leading staff are trained in implementing these strategies in school and providing support for students.
At Aureus, we also have a 'Pride Youth Network' - a group of students who are able to develop skills key to their school career and beyond, such as the ability to work respectfully in a team, build confidence in working in a group and voicing their opinion in a diplomatic way as the award supports the students in making a change to their school community and beyond.
- Aureus is a safe environment for staff, students, governors and parents to thrive and achieve, enabling everyone to be themselves without fear of discrimination.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language, which our Pride Youth Network is leading a campaign against.
- We are committed to increasing visibility in our community around Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Our approach is preventative, proactive and accessible to all.
- We believe that every conversation is important to move forward with breaking down the barriers to LGBT+ Inclusion.
Our Educate and Celebrate Coordinator, is Ms Costar. If you would like further information or advice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org