Y6 to Y7 Transition
Year 6 into Year 7 transition
The Oxfordshire County Council Admissions application process for a Year 7 place has now closed. Anyone wanting to make a late secondary application should contact OCC Admissions directly.
Welcome Packs for Parents and CarersClick here to download our Welcome Pack
Year 6 Transition Day
Regrettably, our Year 6 Transition Day on Monday 5 July can no longer be able to take place in school as hoped but we have a some exciting tasks and activities for students to try as an introduction to Aureus School.
Watch our Transition Video
Y6 Transition Booklet
This has been posted directly home and includes a copy of the Year 7 Reading List and a school bookmark.
Parents Transition event
This will take place via Zoom on Monday 5th July at 5pm and a link has be sent via email.
Please email email@example.com should you have any questions about this.
Transition to Secondary School
At Aureus, we recognise that starting a new school is an exciting but challenging time for both students and parents / carers. Therefore, to help ensure students transition smoothly, we work closely with our partner primary schools and parents / carers to ensure they are fully prepared to begin their journey.
Our transition activities usually begin at the start of the Summer Term but due to COVID-19 they will follow a slightly different format to usual.
- Members of the Aureus transition team will be contacting primary schools to gather relevant information.
- All students will have a telephone call from a member of the Aureus transition team towards the end of June and into July to talk about any worries or fears about starting a new school.
- All students will be invited to a transition evening with their parents. A date for this will be confirmed as soon as we have more information about schools reopening fully. It is estimated that this will not be until September at the earliest.
- All students will be able to access a transition booklet with a who's who page of staff in the Pastoral team and Leadership team. It will also contain some activities to be completed at home.
- A virtual tour of Aureus School will be uploaded to the website so all students have a visual insight into the school across all 3 floors and faculties.
- All students will be invited to a transition day at Aureus. Again, confirmation of the date of this will follow.
- SEND, Pupil Premium students and students with individual needs will be offered a range of extra activities depending upon their need. These may include; extra visits to the school and meetings with parents/carers, relevant professionals and primary school staff.
Please see the Downloads section below for all other transition documentation.